Why Choose a Co-Op?
Two important elements are naturally combined in a cooperative preschool:
- You, the best expert on your child, are in the classroom
- You are supported by the expertise of a professional teacher who plans the curriculum and guides the program
These elements together give you and your child a very comfortable and successful first school experience.
On a regular basis you will be able to see firsthand how your child interacts with his/her teacher and playmates.
Co-oping also opens the door to many friendships as you interact with other parents and grandparents and with an adult to child ration of 1:4 your child gets lots of individual attention.
The success of our program is dependent upon the wholeharted support and involvement of all members. As a member family you will:
- Participate in the classroom (3-4 times per month)
- Serve on a committee
- Assist with housekeeping/maintenance and fundraising.
- Participate in our E-scrip and Scrip program
- Attend general membership meetings. Here parents have the opportunity to form school policy, meet other families and participate in Parent Education